Wet abrasive blasting is a water added process to reduce dust and heat whilst still providing the required blast profile.
Hold Tight 102 – cleaning additive and rust inhibitor can be used on ferrous metals to stop flash rusting before protective coatings are applied when using the Wet system.
Dry abrasive blasting is the most common way of removing paint and rust, preparing it for protective coatings.
- Crushed Glass – Crushed glass is a good all-round stripping media and are considered generally environmentally safe and economical.
- Garnet – The grains are especially uniform compared to other grit and are almost entirely free from embedment, another advantage is that it creates far less dust.
- DB800 Blast Tank:
- 227 litre capacity
- ~90 minute blast time per fill
- Operating Pressure: 30-150 PSI
- ASME / PED / CE Compliant
- Compressor 600+ CFM
- Crane Hire up to 8tonne
- Hiab up to 2.5tonne
Hold Tight 102 is a cleaning additive we use that prevents flash rust while wet blasting. Hold Tight 102 is also a great additive for rinsing after Wet blasting. It effectively removes salts and other contaminates.
As a rust inhibitor or as a cleaning additive, Hold Tight 102 is easy to work with and safe. Hold Tight is soluble in water, non-hazardous, non-flammable, phosphate free and biodegradable. With no rain and temperatures above 40°F, rusting will be prevented for approximately 48 hours.
Colourless and leaving no residue, surface salts, including chlorides, are undetectable after use. This product chemistry has been approved by the FDA for food grade service under 21 Code of Federal Regulations 178.3400.
- Conventional or airless Spray painting
- Paint Brand – International Protective Coatings
- Customers choice / specifications